Website Smiths Group
Corporate Communications Manager, Smiths Group – 12m maternity cover
Smiths Group plc is seeking to recruit a Corporate Communications Manager – Internal on a 12 month fixed term contract, to be based at St James’ Square, London.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re committed to inspiring and exciting colleagues. You’re skilled at turning news and initiatives into short, sharp and interesting content. You always think receiver, not transmitter, and enjoy getting to the bottom of a story and deducing what brings it to life for others.
You excel at quickly building strong relationships with internal clients, acting as advisor and guide, challenging constructively and coming up with new ideas and approaches to ensure their content gets to the right people and has the impact needed to drive our business forward.
You’re comfortable with autonomy and with being in the driving seat of regular channels and large global engagement projects, liaising and leading colleagues across the world and recruiting their effective support for initiatives.
Working closely to support our five global Divisions and other internal clients, you’ll help extract, shape and share exciting and engaging, strategically aligned content and share it with all our colleagues around the world and also do your share of communicating through our channels to our external stakeholders.
Bring to life, and continually improve, our internal plan for the business
- Work directly with senior stakeholders, up to and including Executive Committee level
- Maintain and develop content on a number of our existing and planned channels (including our Smiths Now smartphone app, intranet, social media channels, corporate website and future tools in development)
- Help ensure an ongoing flow of exciting and inspiring content
- Engage with our wider business to ensure an open and ongoing flow of information
- Work hand in hand with teams across the business including Legal, Ethics & Compliance, HSE and HR
- Project manage the Smiths Excellence Awards
- Coordinate and draft sections of the Annual Report
- Owning the manager channel and associated materials
- Work with the team to occasionally plan, manage and deliver professional events
- Owning the creation and launch of the Environment pillar of Responsible Business
- Working with the team to develop and maintain communications guidance and best practice
- Maintaining the budget and invoicing process
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exemplary writing, ability to get to the heart of a story
- Organised and process driven
- Confident and outgoing, able to quickly build strong relationships
- Social media and digital tool savvy, aware of what’s out there and how to use it
- Breakthrough thinker, attracted by finding better ways to do things, curious and willing to learn
- Collaborative by nature, committed to team achievement
- Third party management experience, well versed with ensuring the best results and the right return on investment
Planning and Decision Making:
- ‘Complete to finish’ mindset, organised and logistically thoughtful, ability to spot speed bumps
- Delivery focused, able to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done, a ‘do it yourself/get it done’ mindset
- Comfortable with autonomy, keen to make the most of freedom within a framework
- Ability to take ownership of decisions, and open to picking up new responsibilities to drive the team forward
- Committed to measurement of activities where possible to evidence return on investment
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we’re an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
So whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.smiths.com.