Channel Content Manager, Great Western Railway (GWR)
Location: Milford House, Swindon
Please mention you saw the ad on All Things IC if you apply
Your main responsibilities will be:
To work as part of the internal communications team creating, curating and managing content, across a range of on and offline channels, that helps colleagues understand how their role in the business contributes to the overall purpose of revaluing rail in the hearts and minds of the travelling public
- Making sure that colleagues are:
– Well-informed about the direction of our overall business
– Engaged with the part they play in achieving the company vision
– Connected with each other
- Tracking the success of the content published using a range of metrics and robust evaluation to understand the impact and reach of messages, all with the aim of improving colleague engagement and a shared understanding of our transformation
- Providing professional advice and guidance on digital engagement and content creation to teams across GWR, ensuring communications messages highlight the people behind the projects, and bring the strategic priorities to life in a way that is relevant and easily understood
- Leading and manage channels and content that include: monthly Manager Briefing conference calls and cascade communications; weekly internal e-newsletter; printed internal magazine; digital screens; news on the home page of the portal and other company wide internal communications
- Developing excellent relationships with colleagues throughout the business to source and generate exciting content that tells the story of how colleagues are transforming GWR and revaluing rail
- Working with the team to provide creative support and content for regular internal communications and employee engagement activities including various events and meetings for Senior Leaders, and various Employee Award events and ceremonies.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to be:
- An excellent storyteller with a range of skills that include graphic design, photography, creating short films and web design
- Confident in working with internal digital communities and curating, as well as creating content, that highlights the excellent work being undertaken by colleagues from Wales to the Cotswolds, as well as from the Thames Valley to the South West of England
- Aware of the best way successful engage with colleagues who are constantly on the move as they deliver great experiences for our 100 million passengers each year
- A skilled content editor who can balance multiple priorities and deadlines, and take an innovative approach to ensuring messages are adapted for a range of on and offline internal channels, that reach as many colleagues as possible
- On top of existing and emerging digital trends, like apps, gamification and augmented reality, that will enable us to lead the way in colleague engagement and internal communications
- An excellent team player who can work with a range of teams and key people throughout the business, supporting the transformation of GWR as we revalue rail in hearts and minds of our colleagues, as well as the traveling public
As a minimum you’ll need to have:
- Appropriate qualifications, evidence of continuous professional development and experience of working in PR, digital, news or communications team that makes you an accomplished and rounded digital leader
- Significant experience of producing and curating high quality content, including film and radio, for social media platforms and for online communities; as well as managing the content and production of printed publications
- Experience of communicating employee issues, working with and supporting line managers and colleagues to amplify their views, ideas and opinions and improve two way communications
- Evidence of translating corporate priorities and narrative into relevant and exciting content that engages colleagues and drives behavioural change
- The ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects whilst maintaining enthusiasm, creativity and an eye for detail.
- Significant drive to want to deliver great experiences for colleagues so they can join the dots between what they do and the strategic direction of GWR during the time of the biggest investment in the railways since Brunel.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
The post will be based in Swindon but the successful candidate will be required to be mobile and travel all over the network.
There will be a requirement to be part of an on-call team who are available out of hours during times of disruption or incidents.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That’s why we’re committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
Contact for queries: Sonal.Kanani@gwr.com
Please mention you saw the ad on All Things IC if you apply.