Head of Internal Communications, South Western Railway
You will use your expertise and understanding of internal communications and engagement to further design and deliver effective and robust internal and communications and engagement activities across South Western Railways franchise.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of an internal communications and engagement plan that supports delivery of the Communications and Engagement Strategy and organisation objectives.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of current internal communications and stakeholder engagement activity.
- Develop a range of effective internal communications channels, continuously improving their effectiveness by using insight and measurement.
- Develop and deliver high impact internal communications campaigns that drive engagement and support business performance.
- Develop and deliver tailored communications for specific internal stakeholder groups, working with colleagues to ensure appropriate and timely engagement.
- Ensure message consistency, alignment and relevant translation.
- Provide specific communications tools to ensure a consistent and two-way flow of information.
- Provide high quality specialist advice to colleagues (including at a senior level), challenging where appropriate and highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Co-ordinate internal and external communications activity, ensuring that key messages are joined up and linking with projects and programmes where necessary.
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of the employee survey.
- Provide support and advice as needed to colleagues within the communications team.
Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive and credible managerial experience with a proven track record of shaping and driving the delivery of an internal communications and engagement function and strategy within the transport industry or one with a similar scale of complexity.
- Able to demonstrate operational knowledge of a broad range of communications channels and when they should be used to best effect.
- First class verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written communications skills including the ability to draft high impact tailored communications and prepare briefings and articles.
- Track record of delivering high quality decisions on time, to a demanding schedule.
- Experience of leading through change and implementing effective IC&E strategies that drive the necessary change.
- Evidence of displaying a business-delivery focused, can-do approach, showing energy, commitment and resilience
- Experience in fostering mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues and balancing the competing interests of a number of stakeholders.
- Effective interpersonal, management and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing crisis communications and working to political pressure.
- Knowledge of how to identify and manage risk relating to internal communications and engagement.
Applicants requiring a visa must have at least 6 months remaining at the start of employment.