Internal Communications Business Partner, National Trust
Salary: £45,020 pa
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
Interview Dates: 6 & 9 April 2018
Location: National Trust place, Heelis, Swindon, SN2 2NA.
As the Internal Communications Operations & Channels Business Partner you will have a fantastic opportunity to shape the way we communicate with the thousands of staff and volunteers who do so much to look after the beautiful places and spaces.
Supporting the Senior Leaders in our Operations Teams across England, Wales and NI, you will bring the Trusts ambition, priorities and achievements to life.
You will be an expert in internal communication channels and how to create and implement an effective channels strategy that helps us get to our harder to reach audiences.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is primarily based in Heelis, Swindon but this role covers all locations can work from any of our beautiful places as required.
What it’s like to work here
Our award winning central Internal Communications team is still in its infancy, but we see huge potential to increase the impact and value that brilliant internal communications can have across our wonderful organisation.
The National Trust is an internal communications dream, with infinite stories to tell and an incredible variety of staff and volunteers in roles that are unique to us.
Over the last couple of years we’ve only started to scratch at the surface of what is possible and the possibilities to partner with the rest of the Trust to achieve our ambition to become an organisation of great internal communicators.
Whether you have a passion for heritage, the outdoors, culture, nature or you just want to work for a brilliant cause with some of the greatest people, this is a wonderful place to work.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll manage a small team, making sure you and your team are the voice for all internal communications across our Operations.
You’ll use your exemplary knowledge and expertise of channels, (particularly internal digital channels), and audiences to lead for effective internal communications across the Trust. You will encourage best practice sharing, and promote innovation, staying informed with the latest developments in the communications industry.
With the internal communications team you will develop two-way, measurable channel solutions that provide colleague insight along with analytics and reports to facilitate continual improvement to support ongoing colleague engagement strategies.
You’ll be a brilliant influencer, great at building relationships, with the ability to advise senior directors (up to board level), offering advice on all internal communications issues, from crisis communications to strategic plan messaging.
Using both current and innovative approaches, you’ll provide tactical and strategic internal communications to support and engage our people with our strategic projects, and ensure that messages are delivered in the most effective way to the people who need to hear them.
You’ll get the best out of your role through acting as a senior adviser to the Senior Management Team helping, coaching, and advising them how they and their teams can play their part to communicate our strategy and engage people in our regional plans.
Please also read the full role profile attached.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be an expert in internal communications channels, particularly digital. You will have extensive experience of working with senior leaders to develop engaging and successful internal communication.
This will include;
- Creating, managing and delivering effective internal communication strategies, designed to meet the needs of geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint intranets and Teamsites, as well as other digital channels.
- An innate ability to connect people a common cause that unites everyone from gardeners to café staff to our many volunteers.
- Proven experience of delivering an internal communication channels strategy that leads to a change in action, emotion or thought
- A brilliant networker and influencer, you’ll be highly successful advising and coaching senior directors at board level, offering advice on internal communications issues, from crisis communications to strategic business plan messaging.
- Great project management skills
- Extensive experience of successfully managing diverse and varied workloads with tight timeframes and budgets.
- An excellent multi-tasker and self-starter, you’re highly successful, managing events, acting as a senior adviser to a Director, or reviewing the impact of internal messaging.
The package: Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Compliance.Eligibility to Work in the UK
The Trust appoints on merit.
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details on our website. If you are short listed, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We will also tell you if we need you to do anything else such as a skills test, presentation or a property visit.
We only accept on-line applications. However, if you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the Recruitment Team at 0370 240 0274 (option 1) for assistance.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working at the National Trust. In reaching a decision we will take account of the nature of your work, the circumstances and background of the offence(s) and the time elapsed.
Read more about National Trust: What you need to know before applying for a comms job.