Internal Communications and Engagement Manager, TfL
Location: Southwark, London SE1 with travel across London and hybrid working (typically offering 2-3 days a week remote working)
Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Contract opportunity with potential for permanency
Salary: Salary dependent on individual circumstances, but up to a maximum of £60,000 p.a. pro rata.
Advert closes: 22 November 2023
We’re recruiting for our GLA Group Collaboration team!
Are you an experienced Internal Communications and Engagement manager?
Are you great at communicating, highly collaborative, and have a proven track record of creating and delivering a compelling Engagement Strategy?
Then our evolving Group Collaboration team needs someone like you to partner with all the organisations in the group, harnessing the power of the collective, to better deliver Mayoral priorities for London.
12-month Fixed Term Contract opportunity with potential for permanency.
Based at TfL’s Palestra building in Southwark, London SE1 with travel across London and hybrid working (typically offering 2-3 days a week remote working).
Salary dependent on individual circumstances, but up to a maximum of £60,000 p.a. pro rata.
Why work for us?
The GLA Group is made up of The Greater London Authority (GLA), Transport for London (TfL), London Fire Brigade, The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (linking to Metropolitan Police), Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, and London Legacy Development Corporation. The Group delivers many of the most important functions of our capital and delivering the Mayor’s vision to ‘continue building a better London for everyone – a city that is fairer, safer, greener, and more affordable for all its communities’.
Londoners and the Mayor of London expect those organisations serving the Capital to work together and the GLA Group Collaboration Team is at the centre of this action. Hosted at TfL and led by the GLA, we work across the GLA Group’s organisations, to drive more effective delivery of Mayoral priorities and harness the efficiencies of collaborative working.
We now have a fantastic GLA Group Collaboration Internal Communications and Engagement Manager opportunity. It’s a far-reaching role that goes beyond one team to a wide and varied group of organisations, and beyond one topic to a range of disciplines and subject matter.
Join us, and you’ll play a key part in harnessing the collective power of the GLA Group’s organisations and their partners, to better enable delivery of services and investment across the Capital.
About the role
This role is responsible for all Group Collaboration Team and Portfolio engagement and communications, in order to accelerate collaboration and the realisation of our vision – the GLA Group and its key partners working as one to deliver maximum benefit for London, and to increase the impact of collaboration projects, Collaborative Professional Communities (CPCs), and other initiatives.
The Internal Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for managing the co-creation of the GLA Group Collaboration Internal Communication and Engagement strategy and Plan, and the direct delivery and coordination of others’ delivery of the Plan’s outputs in order to achieve vital outcomes of:
- awareness and understanding of the Collaboration vision, portfolio, and team, its purpose, achievements and benefits;
- advocacy for the vision and activity contributing to its realisation; and
- action amongst colleagues across the GLA Group and its partners.
- Coordinate and drive co-creation of the GLA Group Internal Collaboration Communication and Engagement Strategy and Plan with delivery partners and stakeholders from across the GLA Group’s organisations.
- Develop and maintain Group Collaboration’s Audience plan.
- Create and maintain a clear forward plan for internal communications and engagement, to ensure timely and appropriate internal communications to anticipate future needs. This will ensure that forward plans to align to corporate plans.
- Lead in building GLA Group Collaboration’s internal brand, including visual, editorial, and tone-of-voice guidelines, to create and maintain a strong and coherent internal identity for Collaboration across the GLA Group.
- Support the Director of Group Collaboration and Senior GLA Group Collaboration Portfolio Manager, working with the Collaboration Team’s senior management team, in developing and delivering engagement and communication activity in response to the Portfolio’s needs.
- Apply customer/audience insights, and identify and implement innovative engagement and communication channels including, but not limited to, digital platforms in line with industry best practice.
- Work with Collaboration colleagues to ensure alignment with the approach and milestones of projects and other Collaboration activity, and with internal comms colleagues from across GLA Group to ensure alignment with organisations’ internal comms.
- Deliver, oversee, and/or facilitate others in delivering the design, planning and implementation of engagement and communications campaigns and activities.
- Track, measure and evaluate communication activity to ensure efficacy of Strategy, approach, and individual campaigns in achieving Portfolio priorities.
- Agree key messages about GLA Group Collaboration and ensure they are cascaded through the group via the GLA Group Collaboration Internal Communications Sub-Group.
- Line reports to the Senior Business Change Delivery Manager
- Frequent close working with Director, GLA Group Collaboration, Senior GLA Group Collaboration Portfolio Manager and internal communications leaders at GLA Group Collaboration Internal Communications Sub-Group
- Senior Collaboration Managers and Collaboration Managers managing Collaboration projects and supporting CPCs
What are we looking for?
Self-starting, Internal communications and engagement manager with a passion for the role and great people skills, we’re also looking for the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Strong ability to plan and deliver a compelling Internal communications and engagement strategy in a complex and ambiguous environment and successfully define and achieve measure its success (essential)
- Experienced stakeholder manager who can identify, engage, influence and manage relationships to deliver through others (Essential)
- Ability to build working relationships, communicate effectively – both orally and in writing, influencing, and negotiating with people at all levels across the organisation and externally (essential)
- Self-starter able to work with pace and autonomy with a focus on delivering positive outcomes (essential)
- Well-developed Emotional Intelligence: able to understand, use, and manage emotions in a positive way to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges (essential)
- Experience of managing suppliers and contractors, assuring quality, and ensuring value for money (desirable)
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient GLA Group. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
- Please apply be emailing your CV (no more than two pages of A4) and a one-page A4 covering letter to Alexcrispin@tfl.gov.uk
- Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
- PDF format preferred and do not include any photographs or images.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd November 2023 @ 23:59
- Interviews will be held w/c 4th December 2023, in person at TfL’s Palestra building in Southwark.
- TfL employees wishing to apply are required to do so through TfL’s internal Taleo system where this opportunity is listed.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
To learn more about the team and these opportunities, please contact the hiring manager, email@example.com