Website Greater Anglia
Internal Communications Assistant, Greater Anglia
Job reference: SYS-3322
Location: One Stratford Place
Closing date: 17 November 2017
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Be part of something rewarding, by joining Greater Anglia you’ll be helping our customers get from A to B.
With a staff of over 2,500, we operate a busy rail service from London Liverpool Street to destinations across the east of England and the Stansted Express rail service from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street, our dedicated airport service.
We are looking for a positive and proactive Internal Communications (IC) Assistant to support the Internal Communications Manager in delivering a professional and high performing business function. With a diverse workforce spread across a large geographical area, the IC Assistant will be both tactical and innovative to ensure internal communications channels are reaching the desired audiences.
Your responsibilities will include managing the monthly colleague magazine; this includes launching the first ever digital version complete with videos. You will strategically plan content based on business objectives and projects, alongside actively seeking interesting stories from around the business.
You will look after the entire process from writing the copy to managing the creative agency and distribution. You will also look to continually improve the magazine based on colleague feedback.
We deliver three major events per calendar year – a leadership conference, family fun day and internal awards night – your role will be to cover administrative tasks and provide on-the-day support. You will also be tasked with running your own local roadshows and engagement events.
You will need to be tech-savvy. You will monitor the company intranet to ensure department sites are up-to-date and on brand. You will be capable (although not necessarily an expert) in using InDesign and Photoshop to create internal posters and notices. You will also have experience shooting and editing videos using an iPad.
You will be a friendly face who is a key contact within the business known for driving engagement, having two-way conversations and being helpful and inclusive. This is a unique opportunity to join a company going through a lot of exciting change. You will be able to make a real difference and make your mark on the role.
- Excellent writing skills with the capacity to adapt text for different channels
- Good attention to detail with the ability to proof-read, spot different font sizes and any design errors
- The capability to grasp complex ideas and translate them for a diverse audience
- Ability to lead a large project and work with key stakeholders
- Experience creating and editing videos using iMovie or Premiere Pro
- Extremely capable with technology and working with multiple systems
- Highly organised and able to balance a varied workload
- Experience working with external suppliers including creative agencies
- Pro-active, confident and a true self-starter who has initiative
- Capabilities using Indesign and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience managing events
To succeed in this role we are looking for people who can bring our four behaviours to life in your everyday work:
· Genuine … be welcoming, customer-centric and respectful
· Professional… be solution-oriented, accountable and delivering to promises
· Proactive … be progressive, innovative and decisive
· Inclusive … be connected in your thinking, empathetic and promote diversity
Greater Anglia can offer you a great work/ life balance alongside a generous salary. If learning, developing and growing your career is as important as great benefits such as free travel, pension, family discounts, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme, then apply now, and see what we can do for you!