Internal Communications Officer, The Guinness Partnership
Location: London – Brock Street, NW1 3FG
Closing date: 8 January 2018.
Salary: £29,966 + £4,000 local job supplement, (pro rata for part time)
Contract: permanent, part time, 21 hours.
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Officer to join our busy communications team.
Based in our London office – just two minutes’ walk from Warren Street and five minutes from Euston – you’ll be joining one of the country’s leading providers of affordable housing.
The successful candidate will deliver The Guinness Partnership communications strategy. Ensuring that internal communication channels are used effectively, have maximum impact and increase staff engagement.
This is a part time vacancy working Monday, Thursday and Friday, 21 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver day to day internal communications activity which drives up engagement and ensures staff are well informed.
- Co-ordinating, developing and delivering research, imagery, writing and editing of internal communications and engagement material.
- To manage the intranet for the business on a day to day basis. Regularly review the intranet and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- To ensure internal communications is integrated into the wider communications activities
- Deliver campaigns, events and focus groups to increase staff awareness, engagement and gather feedback.
- Ensure everything produced is consistent with TGP brand and visual identity.
- Provide training and advice related to internal communications.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with a range of internal and external contacts to ensure that all communications activities meet our standards and that information is accurate and up to date.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Proven experience of delivering internal communications campaigns.
- Proven experience of working within a communications environment delivering on agreed objectives and operational priorities.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Ability to produce concise and informative written material.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to be proactive.
- Good persuading and influencing skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience of producing corporate documents, newsletters and using content management systems.
- Demonstrable experience of organising internal events.
- Ability to manage varied and complex work streams.
- Previous experience of working within an integrated Communications team.
- Good project management skills.
Stage One interviews will be on 22 Jan 2018
Stage Two interviews will be on 26 January.
We’re now in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our vision is very simple. We want Guinness to be an organisation that delivers amazing customer service, is a brilliant place to work, and is strong, stable and resilient financially so that we can keep building new homes. And we want Guinness to have an offer for older people that is really special, that has impact and influence where we work, and most importantly one that our customers and employees feel proud to be part of.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.