International PR Executive, SEGA
Location: European Head Office, Brentford, London
Reporting to the Head of PR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We’ve got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn’t love that?).
But that’s only the beginning – we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA Europe Central Marketing Team, this role is expected to assist the International PR team across a range of titles across the SEGA Europe portfolio within its ‘Pillar’ structure and to take the lead on appropriate projects. SEGA Europe has several key pillars; Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, Sonic the Hedgehog, Amplitude Studios and an internal pillar focusing on legacy content and new Western IP.
The role will work closely with the respective brand teams and internal SEGA Europe teams to represent and promote SEGA titles and products utilising our network of international distribution teams and PR agencies.
It will be the responsibility of the International PR Executive to assist the International PR team with the distribution of assets, inputting ideas into Pillar PR plans and helping to execute these plans across EMEA region. The Junior PR Manager will be the first port of call for UK media and will be responsible for keeping media lists up to date and building relationships with key media. The role will be located at SEGA Europe’s head office in Brentford.
- Assist with the development, refinement and implementations of Pillar PR plans for all SEGA Europe titles in EMEA regions working with SEGA’s distribution team network and PR agencies
- Be the first port of call for UK gaming media and international media, keeping media lists up-to-date and finger on the pulse with regards to movers’ new media in the industry
- Work very closely with the SEGA Europe Central Marketing team, including Product Managers and Community Manager to maintain a synchronised team approach
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Pillar Brand teams, especially the Pillar PR teams to ensure timely asset delivery and code distribution
- Work closely with European distributors, partners & agencies to ensure timings and assets are scheduled to secure maximum coverage for each title in their territory
- Assist with the planning and organisation of press events locally and/or overseas for relevant titles where required, to ensure maximum coverage for products
- Pro-actively put together coverage reports across a range of titles to ensure internal communications remain strong
- Work closely with the Community Manager to build better relations with key influencers
Assisting the wider Central Marketing Team with the organisation and implementation of key consumer and trade
- Assist the PR team in the day-to-day management of PR agencies and distributor PR teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working within a PR role desired
- A passion for and understanding of gaming is important
- Experience working in a games PR environment preferable but not essential
- A personable approach to relationship building with media
- Ability to work as part of a small and busy team
- Good writing skills
- Good project management & PR planning skills
- Desire to learn and willingness to take direction
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong reporting skills
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.