Group Change Communications Lead, Oxford University Press
Location: Central Oxford
Closing date: 3 July 2017.
Salary: up to £55,000 p/a depending on skills and experience.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The Group Communications team provides corporate communications support to OUP globally. This includes internal communications, corporate brand management, issue management, corporate social responsibility, corporate public relations, and change communications.
About the role
The Global Change Communications Lead is a newly permanent role which will oversee the strategic planning and delivery of some of OUP’s most significant change programmes.Like many other large, international publishers, OUP is undergoing significant organizational, technological, and operational change, in order to support its core mission and business strategies.
Careful crafting and management of the narrative surrounding such change is crucial to aid understanding, engagement, and successful change delivery, in particular with OUP’s 6000 employees.
The role operates in a matrix structure, reporting directly into the Group Communications Director, and indirectly to the Head of Global Change Management. It provides an essential connection between the overall communications agenda at OUP and the more specific change communications area.
- Developing and maintaining an OUP-wide view of change communications, to align and co-ordinate all change communications activity.
- Providing end-to-end communications support on all critical change projects, either through hands-on creation and delivery of strategy or supporting and securing appropriate resourcing to deliver plans.
- Creating a virtual network of change communicators across our global organization.
- Developing a communications tool-kit to support OUP’s change delivery framework.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrable and relevant professional experience of change communications on a global scale.
- Experience of working at both strategic and planning level, including hands-on development of communications materials.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communications skills and cultural adaptability.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills, working well in teams, but also be comfortable in working autonomously.
- Proven experience of managing stakeholders at all levels and adapting communications methods appropriately.
RecruiterAmelia GraceContact email
(for queries only – click ‘Apply’ below to apply)email@example.com