Senior Colleague Communications Manager, Tesco Bank
Location: Edinburgh and flexible
Job Code: 6069
Job Category: Communications
Postcode of job: EH12
Expiry Date: 06/03/2021.
Most of the team are currently at our Tesco Bank head office in Edinburgh – though they’ve been working from home since March – but we’re also open to applications from those wishing to work out of our other offices (Glasgow and Newcastle) or from home (with occasional travel to Edinburgh expected).
You’ll bring the energy. We’ll provide the channel.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand – and a success worldwide.
Bringing that success to the financial industry means bringing the finest talent to our senior and specialist roles, creating a backbone of excellence for our business – and offering professionals like you the chance to make a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
In the role of Senior Colleague Communications Manager, you will lead the development and delivery of compelling, creative content in support of campaigns that inform, involve and inspire our colleagues, and the management and continuous improvement of our channels.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- developing and owning the Tesco Bank colleague communications content and channel plan in line with overarching colleague communications and engagement strategy
- continuously auditing, reviewing and measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of our colleague communications channels to ensure they provide the best possible platform for great content, involve and inspire colleagues, and enable employee voice
- always-on horizon scanning for the latest trends and best practice – identifying and scoping new channels, with a particular focus on enabling two-way conversation and driving employee engagement in a virtual / remote world
- working with the Planning and Partnering team to plan creative, impactful campaigns that change behaviours, by providing counsel on both channel best practice and creative content development, leveraging the additional expertise of the Design & Print Manager and Film & Production Manager
- oversight of the end-to-end content production process – from initial conversation to completion – and the delivery team across design, video and motion graphics outputs
- playing a key role in risk management within the Colleague Communications and Engagement team, specifically ensuring appropriate controls and governance around channel access and guidance around content production
- working in partnership with the Colleague Engagement Analyst to measure and report on the performance and effectiveness of content and channels in line with campaign / function KPIs
- holding editorial leadership responsibilities for colleague comms content and channels, identifying and leveraging opportunities for inside-out content for external channels
- working with Colleague Engagement to understand our audiences and leverage colleague insights to better meet their communications needs and content consumption habits, and inform communications planning
- working with the Colleague Engagement team to deliver impactful virtual events and improve audience experience and interactivity through latest digital tools.
- Deep understanding of internal communication best practice and latest trends
- Experience of delivering digital workplace strategies and driving adoption and engagement with channels, including but not limited to
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft 365
- Experience of managing colleague communications channels and campaigns
- Experience of leading channel audits and making insight-driven improvements, including new channel launches
- Experience of supplier and budget management
Membership of professional body – e.g. IOIC or CIPR
Experience of content creation via Adobe Creative Cloud software stack (incl. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign)
Experience in management of creatives / clients – e.g. as agency account handler
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. Above all else, you’ll find fewer boundaries and fewer obstacles to building a career defined by achievement. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. For us, it’s simple. As long as you have the drive to succeed, we have the opportunity to go further.