Employee Communications Executive, Transport for London
Contact: Temporary (Contractor)
Location: Currently working from home but as things return to normal you will work from our building in London SE1 circa two days out of five.
There are three positions available.
This role is accountable for supporting the development, delivery and management of employee communications channels, programmes and campaigns to support delivery of strategic projects and priorities.
This role is accountable for supporting the delivery of innovative, best practice channels and campaigns that aid effective decision-making, drive employee engagement and improve overall business performance using customer insights and feedback.
This role is accountable for the measurement of these channels and campaigns to ensure continuous improvement and understanding of impact of communication and engagement.
- Support in delivery of employee communications plans and tactics, through the full range of communications channels and tools. Working with key stakeholders to develop engaging and compelling news, features and content for the intranet and other digital/electronic media
- Recommend innovative and involving approaches to employee communications, by evaluating the effectiveness of all campaigns and activities
- Work with third party suppliers and creative agencies to help bring communication and engagement activities to life
- Support the internal distribution chain for TfL, ensuring rapid, cost effective and targeted dissemination of employee communications collateral to all parts of the organisation
- Own and manage pan-TfL employee communications and engagement assets such as photos, brand and videos to ensure consistent and compelling communications across wider Employee Communications & Engagement team. This includes maintaining quality, rights to use, tone of voice, appropriate use of branding and up-to-date suitability across all material that could be used in internal communications
- Managing and owning internal distribution of TfL communication collateral to TfL communications channels, including digital signage and notice boards
Skills, Knowledge & Experience – all are essential unless stated
- Skilled writer, with proven ability and adept at producing clear, creative and high-quality content and messaging
- Competent with management of industry standard digital platforms and software systems for internal communications
- Project management
- Communication skills – highly effective written and presentation skills
- Proven track record of creating, implementing, tracking and evaluating creative and effective employee communications and engagement plans
- Knowledge of effective employee communications techniques and delivery across the full range of face-to-face, digital (including social media), print and broadcast communication channels
- Able to identify communications opportunities, providing practical and proactive communications guidance and support to address business and operational issues in a customer-facing environment
- Understanding of writing and editorial styles across a wide range of different channels, media and environments
- Experience of running communications projects and campaigns in customer-facing environments and across the full range of media (face-to-face and social media), with measurable positive impact and return on investment
- Experience of implementing communications strategy in large organisations