Do you know how to measure internal communication?
Why is measurement important for internal communicators?
How can you prove what’s working and what’s not?
When should internal communicators measure their work?
If you are stuck on any of these conundrums, we have a brand new course to help you.
How to measure internal communication is the latest Online Masterclass to join our suite of training courses.
We have timed its launch to coincide with Global Measurement Month. If you’re a regular reader of our blog you’ll know this is an annual initiative from the international association of measurement and evaluation in communication (AMEC).
Here at All Things IC we wanted to provide opportunities for internal communicators to have resources at their fingertips to support you on all things measurement related.
We know this is the time of year when thoughts turn to measurement, so we wanted to give you access to advice.
So we’ve launched the new Online Masterclass, will be publishing a measurement episode of our free Candid Comms podcast tomorrow, and my colleague Dan Holden will be teaching an in-person course later this month.
3 November update: Listen to our latest Candid Comms podcast episode: Why measurement matters for IC professionals.
What’s in the new measurement course?
Lessons in the new How to measure internal communication Online Masterclass include:
- What is measurement?
- Busting the measurement jargon.
- How to know what to measure.
- What are the different types of measurement?
- Why is measurement important to the IC profession?
- How to prove the value of internal communication.
- Measurement mistakes to avoid.
I’ve created you some brand new workbooks to help you make the right decisions for your organisation. They include: a jargon buster, reflections workbook, briefing document and takeaways checklist,
There are 67 lessons and your investment is £799. If you are listener of my Candid Comms podcast you’ll know how to save 10% off this course.
It’s available to start today and as with all our Online Masterclasses, you can work through it at your own pace.
There are no live lessons, so you can choose how and when to learn. You could complete it all in one go over a day or two. Or you could build it into your diary on a regular basis as part of your commitment to your professional development.
The course contains videos, workbooks, surveys, quizzes and text lessons. I enjoyed creating the content and hope you find it useful to aid your decision making.
What other Online Masterclasses are available?
We have a whole range of All Things IC Online Masterclasses available for internal communicators via our dedicated learning platform.
Last week we launched our new How to review and plan internal communication course.
This course has been designed to support you as you look back and plan forward. It’s ideal to complete at this point in the year. However, we’ve written it to be evergreen, which means it doesn’t date and can be used at any point in your financial or calendar year.
Your investment for this course is £499. If you subscribe to our email newsletter, The Water Cooler, you’ll know how to save 15% off this course until the end of 2022.
Here are the available All Things IC Online Masterclasses to choose from:
- NEW: How to measure your internal communication – learn how to measure your internal communication.
- NEW: How to review and plan your internal communication – discover how to look back at your work and plan ahead.
- How to write an internal communication strategy – learn how to write your own IC strategy.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you navigate through different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance and becoming an IC Consultant.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role.
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – to help you improve your Comms capability.
Buy before the end of 2022 to benefit from this year’s prices.
If you are a CIPR member, don’t forget to log your CPD points for completing an All Things IC Masterclass.
Can I learn about measurement face-to-face?
Yes you can learn about internal communication measurement in person. My colleague Dan Holden is teaching a new All Things IC Measurement Masterclass in our dedicated training centre, the All Things IC Hub.
There are two dates available to choose from: 16 November 2022 and 25 January 2023. Your investment for our in-person Masterclasses is £649 +VAT per person. Book today to benefit from this year’s price.
This will be a small group, so you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions and seek advice from Dan and your peers.
Please note this is a face-to-face course only, there’s not an option to join remotely.
Choose your face-to-face Masterclass and enrol today:
- NEW 16 Nov 2022: Measurement Masterclass with Dan
- 30 Nov 2022: Effective Internal Communication with Dan
- NEW 25 Jan 2023: Measurement Masterclass with Dan
- 7 Feb 2023: Effective Internal Communication with Dan
- 8 Feb 2023: Comms Director Mastermind with Rachel
- 22 Feb 2023: Strategic Internal Communication with Rachel
- 8 Mar 2023: Change Communication with Dan
- NEW 19 Apr 2023: Channels Masterclass with Dan
- 14 June 2023: Comms Director Mastermind with Rachel
- 28 June 2023: Effective Internal Communication with Dan
- NEW 5 July 2023: How to audit your internal communication.
Tip: If you book a 2023 course before the end of this year, you’ll benefit from this year’s prices.
Learn more about internal communication measurement with All Things IC
The latest episode of our Candid Comms podcast is being published tomorrow on Why measure matters for IC pros. Keep an eye on your favourite podcast player to tune in.
Podcast: Why measurement matters for IC professionals – published 2022.
Podcast: How to measure internal communication – published 2021.
Podcast: How to create a monthly measurement report – published 2021.
Thank you for stopping by and best of luck with your measurement.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 2 November 2022.