Do you want to learn more about the history of internal communication?
In the final episode of Season One of the History of Internal Communication podcast, All Things IC Comms Consultant Dan Holden joins Dr Joe Chick, Research Fellow on the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and Katie Marlow, Communication Consultant.
Dan was the 2021 – 2022 Chair of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) sub-group Inside, having recently handed over to Katie, co-chair for 2023.
They share with Dr Chick their views on where internal communication sits within organisations, look back at the evolution of CIPR Inside, the increased profile of internal comms qualifications and the professionalisation of internal communication.
You can also listen to Rachel Miller in episode seven of the series talking with Dr Chick, reflecting on the past, present and history of the wonderful world of internal communication.
Discover more about the History of Internal Communication project, including their monthly blog updates, podcast and research insights.
Global opportunities to learn about internal communication in 90 minutes
Our 90-minute Masterclasses blend theory and real-life examples and are delivered at times that suit comms friends from around the globe.
Learn in small peer groups, supported by an expert All Things IC Consultant.
We host each 90-minute Masterclass on Microsoft Teams and you can save your place for only £199 +VAT.
“Small enough group to feel comfortable discussing real life examples, and Dan gave some great suggestions we could take away.”
Upcoming 90-minute Masterclasses you can book onto today include:
- 5 March: How to help line managers communicate 7am UK time
- 14 March: How to help line managers communicate 2pm UK time
- 21 March: How to cascade communication effectively 7am UK time
- 28 March: How to cascade communication effectively 2pm UK time
- 16 April: How to listen to your employees 7am UK time
- 25 April: How to listen to your employees 2pm UK time
- 30 April: How to create and use employee personas 7am UK time
- 9 May: How to create and use employee personas 2pm UK time
- 14 May: How to plan and communicate employee surveys and results 7am UK time
- 23 May: How to plan and communicate employee surveys and results 2pm UK time
- 4 June: How to introduce or refresh your internal communication measurement 2pm UK time
- 13 June: How to introduce or refresh your internal communication measurement 7am UK time
- 25 June: How to use outcome-focused measurement 7am UK time
- 4 July: How to use outcome-focused measurement 2pm UK time
- 11 July: How to review and plan your internal communication 1pm UK time
- 18 July: How to review and plan your internal communication 7am UK time.
Whether you’re just starting out in your internal communication career, looking to refresh your knowledge or want to learn new skills, our 90-minute Masterclasses are perfect for you.
“Thank you for offering these in our time zone!! I’ve followed All Things IC for a few years and it’s fantastic to be able to participate.”
See the What’s On page to discover what is coming up this year.
First published on the All Things IC blog 2 February 2024
Post author: Dan Holden