How would you rate your line managers’ communication in your organisation?
I’ve examined this topic in the latest episode of my Candid Comms podcast and revealed what you need to know, do and think about if you want to improve the way line managers communicate.
Expect practical ideas and inspirational advice to help internal communicators thrive in their role.
This week’s episode covers:
- Perception of line managers
- When does good IC happen?
- How to improve the way line managers communicate
- A Comms model to help you
- How to help leaders communicate
- What leaders need to know to communicate well
- Moving from cascade to conversation
- Training line managers
- The power of peers.
Resources I reference this week:
My Global-Local-Me model:
Here’s the flip…
- Katie Macaulay’s book From Cascade To Conversation.
- Edelman Trust Barometer 2013: How to build trust in organisations
- Edelman Trust Barometer 2021: How to increase trust in your organisation
- Further reading on my blog: How to help managers communicate, How to advise hesitant leaders and How to communicate with empathy.
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast is a weekly show designed to connect internal communication professionals to the latest advice and guidance, to help you thrive in your role.
Each episode is packed with inspirational and practical internal communication advice and ideas.
Thank you to my Producer Debbie West of Seren Creative. You can listen to Candid Comms below or online.
Thank you to everyone who has tuned in to the series so far. It’s been heard by people in the UK, US, Australia, Sweden, Argentina, India, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Brazil already.
I’m enjoying seeing professional communicators discovering the show and sharing their feedback. Thank you. Do let me know your thoughts.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 7 March 2021.