Do you know the purpose of each of your internal communication channels?
Why does each one exist?
Who owns them?
Why is it important to know the purpose of each channel?
What should you do when you discover comms methods that aren’t ‘owned’ by an IC team?
What options are there when completing a channels matrix?
This Candid Comms episode closes season five by addressing all of these topics.
Thank you for all your feedback during this season, I’ve loved hearing your reflections and observations. Thank you to all of my guests – Alli Cary, Sue Palfrey, Asif Choudry and Advita Patel.
The most downloaded episodes this season are:
- How to plan and review IC
- A candid conversation with Asif Choudry
- How to audit your internal communication
- How to support colleagues during menopause – featuring Sue Palfrey
- How to make your first IC role a success.
You can find all of the episodes via the podcast page of this website or your favourite podcast player.
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast is full of practical advice and inspirational ideas, to help you thrive in your role.
Do let me know what you think of this episode and don’t forget to rate, review and follow, so other Comms pros can benefit too.
Thank you to Debbie West and the team at Audere Communications for overseeing the technical side of Candid Comms.
Resources mentioned in this episode
I’m planning season six. If you have a topic you’d like me to consider covering, do get in touch.
Learn about internal communication with us
All Things IC Live is taking place on 31 January, 16 May, 10 September and 10 December 2024.
Each day is focused on helping internal communicators to succeed through training and networking. We are not having these sessions sponsored, they are provided by and hosted by All Things IC.
Rachel will be leading All Things IC Live, which is a mixture of learning and Masterminds.
You’ll join a group of up to 25 in-house internal communicators in-person at Wallacespace, Clerkenwell Green, London.
All Things IC Live is for you if:
- You need help solving some tricky IC issues
- You’d like to give and receive advice with peers
- You want to meet with other in-house IC professionals
- It feels like you’ve run out of ideas
- You’d like to invest time in your professional development
- You’re looking for a new role or curious about your next move
- You’re stuck with something and would benefit from talking it through.
Save your place today
There are four dates in the diary and tickets are out now. Your nvestment is £299 +VAT per session.
Want to send more than one team member, pay next year or have another query? Do get in touch with any queries. The All Things IC Live pass is how you can save a place on each of the four dates for £999 +VAT.
Use the code INVOICE to request to pay via invoice.
Thank you for stopping by
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published on the All Things IC blog 1 December 2023.