Today’s episode of my Candid Comms podcast examines how to make your first internal communication role a success.
Whether you’re just starting out in internal communication, want to recruit to your team or make a move into IC, this episode is for you.
I’ve looked at:
- What does it mean to work in internal communication?
- How can you make your first IC role a success?
- If you’re looking to recruit an internal communicator, what do you need to be aware of?
As ever, you’ll leave with one thing to know, one thing to do and one thing to think about.
Here’s the transcript for this episode.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- All Things IC jobs board
- Candid Comms podcast episode: How to run a successful Town Hall/ All Employee Meeting
- Institute of Internal Communication
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- Public Relations Society of America
- Blog post: How to work out loud
- Guild community – The Internal Communicators’ Community run by Dan Holden
- A candid conversation – interview opportunity
- Communicate Magazine
- Influence Magazine
- CorpComms magazine
- Strategic magazine
- Voice magazine from IoIC (members only).
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast is full of practical advice and inspirational ideas, to help you thrive in your role.
Do let me know what you think of this episode and don’t forget to rate, review and follow, so other Comms pros can benefit too.
Thank you to Debbie West and the team at Audere Communications for overseeing the technical side of Candid Comms.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 27 October 2023.