What are your relationships like with your leaders and stakeholders in your organisation?
Do you feel able to say no to them?
When you are working as an internal communicator, you need to be able to say no.
This is a fairly controversial topic, but a critical one. It was prompted by two conversations I had with professional communicators recently during calls with them.
This week’s episode of the Candid Comms podcast includes:
- Why you need to say no
- How to talk confidently and explain your decision making
- How to gather your evidence
- The hardest words to say in internal communication
and much more.
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast launched in January 2021. It is a weekly show designed to connect internal communication professionals to the advice and guidance, to help you thrive in your role.
Do let me know what you think of this episode and don’t forget to rate, review and follow, so other Comms pros can benefit too.
Thank you to my Producer, Debbie West of Seren Creative.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Further reading about your personal brand
- Change Comms episode from season one: How to communicate change
- All Things IC Inner Circle
Learn more about internal communication with All Things IC
If you want to learn even more about internal communication, check out my range of Online Masterclasses. They will boost your internal communication skills, knowledge and confidence.
See the dedicated website to access all the latest courses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace. They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose.
My podcast listeners can save 10% using the code candidcomms at the checkout.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you prepare for different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – launching soon.
Thank you for stopping by,
First published on the All Things IC blog 25 July 2021.