Are you starting out in the world of internal communication?
In this 12th episode of the Candid Comms podcast, I’ve shared what you need to know when entering the profession.
If you’re mentoring or managing new internal communicators, it will help you too.
This episode is packed with practical ideas and inspirational advice, to help internal communicators thrive in their role.
- The Institute of Internal Communication’s #IChoseIC campaign
- Mentoring programmes
- Professional memberships
- Where to find IC pros online and join conversations
- The skills and behaviours you need to work in internal communication
- How to learn about internal communication from other Comms pros.
Do let me know what you think of this episode and don’t forget to rate, review and follow, so other Comms pros can benefit too.
Resources referenced in this episode:
- IoIC #IChoseIC campaign. Find them on Twitter @IoICNews
- The Institute of Internal Communication Mentoring scheme
- FutureNet for new communicators
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR). Mentoring scheme
- CIPR Inside sector group, including #ICBookClub
- PRSA Employee Comms
- Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) website
- ICology membership
- List of Comms and PR podcasts
- Hashtags on Twitter: #InternalCommunication #InternalComms #CommsHero
- Comms2point0 website
- IoIC profession map
- Power Hour
- IoIC turns 70.
- Further reading: How to start out in internal communication, These are the skills you need to be an internal communicator.
What is the podcast?
The Candid Comms podcast launched in January 2021. It’s weekly show designed to connect internal communication professionals to the latest advice and guidance.
- Episode 11: How to prove the value of internal communication
- Episode ten: Being Candid with Amrit Nijjar
- Episode nine: How to communicate change
- Episode eight: How to plan your IC channels
- Episode seven: How to help line managers communicate
- Episode six: How to measure internal communication
- Episode five: Being Candid with Matt Batten
- Episode four: How to work well with HR
- Episode three: How to work successfully with leaders
- Episode two: How to transform your internal comms
- Episode one: Introducing the Candid Comms podcast.
Thank you to my Producer Debbie West of Seren Creative. You can listen to Candid Comms via this page or online.
Thank you for stopping by,
First published on the All Things IC blog 11 April 2021.