Would you like to explore the idea of being a Communication Consultant?
What ambitions do you have for your career? Are you curious about the idea of being a Consultant, but would like to talk it through first before handing in your notice?
If so, this Masterclass on 25 February 2020 is for you.It will be led by Comms Consultant Rachel Miller and provide you with the tools and information you need to help you make decisions.
The Masterclass will be held at All Things IC’s training venue in Ealing Broadway, London.
Who is it suitable for?
The Masterclass has been designed for IC pros working in-house who are looking for a confidential space to learn, ask questions and air their challenges and ideas.
It’s what I wish had been available when I was plotting my move from in-house to consultancy six years ago. I’ve created this Masterclass by conducting research in my network to ensure it covers all the relevant topics.
This Masterclass is a confidential space, which means I will not be sharing photographs of the group online as I usually do, just in case your boss doesn’t know your career ambitions!
If you are already working as a Comms Consultant, the Momentum Masterclass is the right one for you.
What can I expect?
The group size is kept deliberately small, with a maximum of four attendees, to ensure everyone has ample opportunity to get the answers to their problems and time to ask questions.
I’ll be hosting a Mastermind session as part of the day. This means everyone gets the opportunity to sit in the hot seat to reveal their challenges and get advice from their peers. You don’t need to do a lot of preparation, just share your thinking, e.g. what stage you are at in exploring the idea of being a consultant, and be willing to offer advice for others when it’s their turn.
Places are £599 +VAT per course. There are only four spaces to enable us to have a day completely focused on helping you succeed. Please note discount codes cannot be used with this offer.
It is possible to split the payment into two, please contact Rachel’s Executive Assistant Louise if you wish to do so.
Breakfast is available from 8.30am if you fancy it. The course will start at 9am and finish at 4.30pm in London.
Topics we will discuss on the day include:
- Analysing your skills and niche
- How to choose the right company format
- How to set up a company
- How to make sense of HMRC
- Choosing an accountant
- How to set your prices
- Writing a business plan
- The resources you need
- How to set yourself up for success
- How to find work including contracts, interim and retainers
- How to communicate your offering
- How to use social media and create a website
- Tools and templates e.g. invoices.
I group these topics into: Clients, Organisation, Mechanics, Money and Strategy:
- Clients: What’s your niche? What is the market like? How can you attract and keep clients?
- Organisation: How do you need to organise yourself? This includes the type of company you are/could be, plus collateral such as invoices, contracts and supplier set ups.
- Mechanics: What do you need to be aware of?
- Money: How to sell, how to pay yourself, how to charge the right rate.
- Strategy: What are you known for? How to build momentum in your business and create an action plan.
Save your place today.
I hope to see you there, do let me know any queries,