The latest All Things IC Masterclasses have just gone live.
We offer a range of training courses for in-house internal communicators. Masterclasses are taught by Rachel Miller, Caroline Cubbon-King or Dan Holden, either in-person or virtually via Teams.
Based on feedback from comms friends around the globe, we’ve introduced new offerings to suit internal communicators who are further afield.
Last month we announced the launch of our new Mini Masterclasses. We’d promised to create opportunities for everyone to access, regardless of your location, as part of our experimental 10th birthday year. These brand new sessions are designed with that in mind.
Mini Masterclasses are delivered online via Microsoft Teams by an All Things IC Communication Consultant and most are £149.
We’ve added new topics and session times that are more suited for Comms professionals in Australia, Asia and the USA. Some Mini Masterclasses start at 4am UK time, which will be 1pm in Sydney, Australia, 8pm in Los Angeles, USA and 11am in Singapore.
- 11 July: Theory of change comms with Dan
- 12 July: How to audit your internal communication
- 13 July: Theory of change comms with Dan
- 18 July: Involving internal audiences during change with Dan
- 21 July: Involving internal audiences during change with Dan (previously 20 July)
- 19 Sep: How to create or refresh your channels matrix with Dan
- 21 Sep: How to create or refresh your channels matrix with Dan
- 25 Sep: Supporting leaders with change comms with Dan
- 27 Sep: Supporting leaders with change comms with Dan
- 19 Oct: 2024 Planning Masterclass with Caroline
- 7 Nov: Introduction to IC measurement with Dan
- 9 Nov: Introduction to IC measurement with Dan
Our What’s on for Comms Pros page lists all remote and in-person Masterclasses.
If you have a suggestion for a future Mini Masterclass topic, do contact us via email@example.com. We can also run bespoke Mini Masterclasses for teams if you have a specific challenge or training need.
Use the code BIRTHDAYTREAT at the checkout to save 10% off our Mini Masterclasses if you book before 31 December 2023.
In-person Masterclasses at the All Things IC Hub
- 14 June: Comms Director Mastermind with Rachel
- 21 June: Measurement Masterclass with Dan
- 28 June: Effective Internal Communication with Dan
- 4 July: Channels Masterclass with Dan Holden and Jon Miller
- 13 Sep: Effective Internal Communication with Dan
- 20 Sep: How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration with Rachel
- 27 Sep: Strategic Internal Communication with Rachel
- 4 Oct: Measurement Masterclass with Dan
- 11 Oct: Comms Director Mastermind with Rachel.
Pat Mossop shared his experience of my Masterminds a few years ago.
He wrote: “The nature of internal communications means an expert sounding board is sometimes more likely to come from outside rather than in.“Leading up to the session, I was a little apprehensive but being introduced to the other participants a week before the session and being impressed by the variety of brains to pick got me the in right head space for it.
Following introductions each person gets around an hour in the hot seat to discuss the area(s) they want to bring to the session, tackling it as a group along with Rachel and finding new ways of seeing that you hadn’t considered before – suddenly my 15 years in comms had been multiplied by five.
Some of it was open questions, some direct advice, some sharing experiences of when it had gone right before and equally when it had gone wrong – all building a rich picture of what I could do next.
The session is completely confidential in terms of who attends, but I can share there was a good variety of industries, professional experiences and career histories that attended and meant that we could all come at internal communications and the areas discussed in a different way.
Reflecting on it, I got just as much from listening and contributing to the discussions as I did around looking at what I wanted to bring to the group during my turn to share.
If I was to do it again, I would listen to Rachel’s advice and perhaps prepare a little less aggressively as the conversation, like any conversation, flows naturally and my hour flew by.
I’ve rethought some pretty firm plans based upon attending and used the feedback to feed into conversations with key stakeholders and my team about where we’ll take things next as well as launching new initiatives on the back of it, and reprioritising/killing off a few others too.
If you get the chance to take the hot seat, do it.”
Thank you Pat. There’s only two places left for the Mastermind on 14 June, so if you’re a Head of IC or Director of IC, do sign up to join me in person.
We have a whole range of All Things IC Online Masterclasses available for internal communicators via our dedicated learning platform.
Here are the available All Things IC Online Masterclasses to choose from:
- How to measure your internal communication – learn how to measure your internal communication.
- How to review and plan your internal communication – discover how to look back at your work and plan ahead.
- How to write an internal communication strategy – learn how to write your own IC strategy.
- The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working – to help you navigate through different ways of working.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance and becoming an IC Consultant.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role.
- How to be a strategic internal communicator – to help you improve your Comms capability.
Use the code BIRTHDAYTREAT at the checkout to save 10% off if you book before 31 December 2023.
Thank you for stopping by
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 31 May 2023.