Are you responsible for communicating post-pandemic working patterns inside your organisation?
Do you need to make any changes to your internal communication channels due to home workers?
Are your stakeholders asking you for advice and guidance relating to hybrid working?
If so, I’ve got you covered.
I’ve developed a brand new All Things IC Online Masterclass to support internal communicators, as you think through the various topics above.
Thank you to everyone who voted via LinkedIn to name the course. The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working is launching tomorrow, Sunday 18 April 2021, but you can pre-order it today.
It’s packed with brand new content including bespoke videos, workbooks, text lessons, quizzes and surveys.
What’s inside the course?
The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working has 53 lessons and covers topics including:
- What changes do you need to make to your IC channels?
- My CLEAR model.
- The importance of language.
- The role of leaders and managers in a hybrid world.
- What’s the purpose of your office space?
- Why you need to focus on wellbeing.
- The impact of working patterns on culture
and much more.
You may use the phrase hybrid working, flexible working, home working, post-pandemic working, or something else.
For consistency, the course uses the phrase hybrid working.
Some organisations have had a hybrid workforce for years, with a mindset of work being a thing you do, rather than a place you go.
However, the pandemic has sparked conversations for the first time in many organisations. I know internal communicators are looking for advice and guidance, which is why I’ve created this Online Masterclass.
- Further reading on the All Things IC blog: Work is a thing you do, not a place you go – published in 2015, featuring Steven Murgatroyd.
- Further reading on the All Things IC blog: What do we need to know about hybrid working?
What to expect from the course
All of my Online Masterclasses have been designed to be completed at your own pace.
You have 12 months’ access from the date of enrolment and there’s no live content. This means you can complete it all in one sitting over a whole day, or dip in and out as you choose over a year.
The internal communicator’s guide to hybrid working also includes some models and frameworks I’ve devised, to help you structure your thinking around hybrid working.
They include my CLEAR model and the one below. I’ve drawn on these to guide you through the course and highlight areas for you to think about.
If you invest time watching all the videos and completing the workbooks, you’ll end up with a detailed set of notes applicable to your culture and organisation.
Thank you to Debbie West for all your hard work this week. Thank you to in-house Comms pros Chantel Dixon and Rich Perrett, who are All Things IC Masterclass alumni, for testing the course.
Thank you to members of The All Things IC Inner Circle for sharing their hybrid working Comms queries during our latest Mastermind and 1-2-1 sessions.
If you would like to invest in courses for more than one person, or wish to pay via invoice, please contact us.
I hope you enjoy the course as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it this week.
What other Online Masterclasses are available?
If you want to learn even more about internal communication, check out my range of Online Masterclasses. They will boost your internal communication skills, knowledge and confidence, so you have make the decisions you need to about your internal comms in 2021 and beyond.
See the dedicated website to access all the latest courses. They are packed with bespoke text lessons, videos, workbooks and quizzes to help you learn about the wonderful world of IC at your own pace. They are pre-recorded, which means you access the content at the time you choose.
- How to be an internal communicator – ideal if you’re new to the world of IC or have up to three years’ experience.
- How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – this is for you if you’re thinking about going freelance.
- Introduction to internal communication channels – get up to speed quickly.
- How to create a 90 day plan – to set you up for success in your new Internal Comms role.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published on the All Things IC blog 17 April 2021.