One of the things I enjoy most about using Twitter is using it to discover new blogs and interesting people to follow. Over the past few weeks I’ve been updating my blogroll with some of the blogs I enjoy reading and my site stats show that readers of this blog click through to them too from here.
I was asked today which blogs to read in the Comms world, particularly Internal Comms, so in no particular order, I thought I would pull some thoughts together on what I like reading and hope they are of use. If there are some sites you recommend I read, please do let me know.
Comms blogs I enjoy reading
- A Shel of my former self – the brilliant Shel Holtz shares his views on this site. I like his style and find his posts amusing and insightful
- PR Media Blog – describes itself as exploring the ever changing relationship between media and public relations and is a good place to keep updated with views and opinions on what’s shaping the world of PR
- I find Abi Signorelli’s blog particularly useful to read about social media in a corporate world, hear podcasts and check out slides. I also enjoy reading her mum’s blog of her memories
- Russell Pearson’s blog is great for lists – lots of social media case studies and interesting stats
- The Intersection by Copenhagen-based Mike Klein offers insight into internal and political communication
- Exploring Internal Communication, edited by Kevin Ruck it collates content by academics and practitioners and describes itself as a companion for CIPR qualifications in Internal Comms.
Reading lists I’ve created on Amazon
I recently added videos on the left hand side of this page and have highlighted a few that I like. I’d recommend looking at the Internal Comms channel on YouTube and checking out the new Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Conversation site which also features videos.
Date for your diary – most Monday evenings CommsChat takes place on Twitter, bringing together Comms professionals globally to debate hot topics and bounce ideas off each other. It occurs at 20.00GMT and you can find full details here. Due to the bank holidays (oh and a wedding of some sort?…) the next one is on 9 May.
What have I missed?
Today I added Steven Murgatroyd’s new blog to my blogroll. Steven wrote a guest post for this blog a few months ago about the good employee comms work taking place at Asda and he is now looking for a new challenge. Got a site you think should be on my blogroll? Do let me know. You can contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post author: Rachel Miller.