Are you considering being a Comms Consultant?
If so, my recent interview with former Head of Internal Comms Jo Hall is for you.
She kindly invited me onto her Jo & Co Show podcast, which has just been published.
She believes nobody in business should feel like they’re alone or not good enough to have a highly successful business and this podcast is all about sharing the wisdom and real-life experiences of others in the entrepreneurial world.
Each episode is full of gems, I wish this podcast existed when I was researching being a business owner in 2012/3. Thank you Jo for generously hosting this series and providing such value through the conversations and ideas.
During our conversation Jo and I discussed:
- the reality of leaving a corporate in-house role
- why knowing your personal values will set you up for success
- the importance of building your confidence when running your own business
- feelings of loneliness when starting out
- how to know what to charge
- why your mindset is as important as your skill set
- mistakes I made in the early days – and how to avoid them.
Thank you Jo for inviting me to be on the Jo & Co Show.
Further reading: How to be a Comms Consultant.
Learn about being a Comms Consultant with All Things IC
If you are thinking about becoming a Comms Consultant, my How to be a Comms Consultation – Exploration Online Masterclass will help you.
This is the course I wish existed back in 2012/3 when I was researching what it would be like to work for myself.
When you sign up to this Masterclass, you can take the course at your own pace over 12 months.
It’s packed with bespoke videos, workbooks, text lessons, surveys and quizzes.
Thank you for stopping by,
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 15 March 2021.