Are you planning your diary for the remainder of the year? If so, this blog post will help you know what’s coming up for Comms pros to attend. From conferences, to awards and training, there’s lots to choose from.
I’m also launching a brand new All Things IC Masterclass to help you if you’re stuck on all things Microsoft 365 related, find out more below.
The Summer is nearly over here in the UK. Schools in Scotland have already gone back and I spent this morning labelling three lots of uniform as my four-year-old twin sons start school next week. They’re excited to be joining their seven-year-old sister, I can’t quite believe they’re this age already. I’m spending time settling the boys into school over the next few weeks and will be back to work properly soon.
I spent the Summer offline with my little ones and we decamped to my mother-in-law’s house in France for a while to spend quality time together. It was good to prepare for lots of changes we’re facing at the moment including upcoming property moves, new school and new childcare arrangements. All change in the Miller household!
As an entrepreneur, spending time working ON, rather than IN my business is important. I create the head space each year to allow me to think, dream and plan. I can’t wait to share some of my ideas with you.
New offerings from All Things IC: Microsoft 365 Masterclass
One of the new products and services I’ll be launching between now and the end of the year is a Microsoft 365 Masterclass. I’m partnering with independent IT Consultant Jon Miller (who happens to be my husband) to create opportunities for companies’ IT and Comms teams to work together to make the right decisions for their organisations.
We’ve been bringing each other in to advise our respective clients for a couple of years now and have decided to formalise our offering. We met while working in-house in the railway, where we oversaw a large tech refresh via our Business Partner roles.
We’re teaching IT and Comms teams how to make it work from both perspectives, solving problems and getting the functions to communicate (often the main issue!).
In recent years we have worked together on Microsoft 365, formerly known as Office 365, projects for companies including Westminster City Council, Nomad Foods, Hammersmith & Fulham Council, Kensington and Chelsea Council, Zoological Society of London and Camden Council.
I’ve advised the Comms teams, mapping business requirements to the tech, while Jon has advised the IT teams and built the infrastructure, including intranets. We’ve hosted collective sessions, which result in faster decision making all round.
Experience has shown us you need the combination of IT and Comms teams working together to make sure a technology rollout is not just about the tools, but the required mindset and culture change.
If you’re stuck when it comes to all things Teams, Groups, Yammer, SharePoint or anything else Microsoft 365 related, Jon and I can help. The Microsoft 365 Masterclass is either a half-day session we both host on site at your office, which costs £1999 +VAT, or a 90-minute remote session online with both of us, which is £499 +VAT.
It’s going live soon, contact me if you’d like to be kept updated when this offering launches to benefit from the advice and guidance of two experienced Consultants.
Upcoming conferences: CIPR Inside, 8 October 2019
I’m speaking at two conferences over the next few months. First up is the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Inside conference for IC pros. The conference is happening on 8 October 2019 in Birmingham, UK, and I’d love to see you there.
It is focusing on Changing The Conversation around Internal Communication and I’m looking forward to speaking at the event to share how to do that. I wrote most of my talk while running in France, which is my thinking place.
You can save 10% off ticket prices using my discount code: Allthingsic10.
Speakers include: Chuck Gose, Katie Macaulay, Keith Lewis and Jenni Field. See the CIPR Inside website to find out more.
The programme includes a Mastermind Session, where you’ll get the chance explore some of the pressing communication issues you’re facing at work, with peers on your table. I love Masterminds, I use them regularly in my training courses, including my Comms Director Masterminds. New to the idea? I blogged about them in 2018: What is a Mastermind?
You can save 10% off ticket prices using my discount code: Allthingsic10.
Upcoming conferences: PRWeek Strategic Internal Communications, 5-6 December 2019
I’m delighted to share the news that I am working alongside PRWeek again this year as their media partner, which means I’ll bring you the latest information, plus an exclusive offer to help you save money on ticket/s for the two-day conference. Use the code AllthingsIC10 at the checkout to benefit from this exclusive rate.
The conference is happening on Thursday 5 and Friday 6 December 2019 at the Hilton in Canary Wharf, London. I’ll be speaking at the conference on how to help line managers be better communicators,I’ll tell you more about that in future blog posts.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Phil Askham, Global Director of Employee Communications, HSBC
- Max Puller, Employee and Change Communications Director, Sodexo
- Vanessa Unwin, Global Head of Internal Communications, Hitachi
- Mark Tittle, Group Internal Communications Manager, Just Eat
- Helen Willetts, Director of Internal Communications, BT.
- Learn through a mix of case studies and best practice advice from leading organisations
- Discover innovative strategies, inspirational ideas and cutting-edge tools and techniques
- Benchmark your organisation against the successes and failures of others
- Develop your communications skills and apply key insights from top practitioners
- Network with senior industry figures and make new connections
Use the code AllthingsIC10 at the checkout to benefit from my exclusive rate.
Find out more: See PRWeek’s website to discover more speakers as they are announced, check out @prweekhub on Twitter or #PRWInternal.
Upcoming All Things IC Masterclasses
Are you a member of the Institute of Internal Communication or Chartered Institute of Public Relations?
If so, did you know you can save 20% off my All Things IC courses? The usual price is £599 +VAT and I offer a discounted rate for members. The codes you need to know are: ciprmember or ioicmember. You’ll also earn Continuous Professional Development (CPD) hours/points from attending training with me.
I also offer two Masterclass places for £999 +VAT, so you can invite a colleague to join you at a Masterclass or invest in two for yourself.
Not based in the UK? I can hold a mini session with you via Skype, check out my work with me options. Please note my diary is currently booked until late October 2019, so I’m taking bookings from November 2019 onwards. Do let me know how I can help you, I can train you 1-2-1 or work with your team.
- 25 September 2019: Comms Director Mastermind – SOLD OUT
- 30 September 2019: How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration – SOLD OUT
- 1 October 2019: Internal Communication
- 14 October 2019: Strategic Internal Communication
- 5 November 2019: Change Communication
- 13 November 2019: Comms Director Mastermind
- 21 January 2020: How to be a Comms Consultant – Momentum
- 28 January 2020: Comms Director Mastermind
- 29 January 2020: Internal Communication Masterclass
- 11 February 2020: Strategic Internal Communication
- 25 February 2020: How to be a Comms Consultant – Exploration.
Upcoming conferences, awards and events
- 31 August: Deadline for CIPR Inside awards
- 2-16 September: CIPR President voting. I’m supporting Mandy Pearse
- 11 September: FutureNet Diversity & Inclusion in Internal Comms event, IoIC
- 11 September: PRCA Internal Comms and Employee Engagement event
- 17 September: Engage Internal Comms conference
- 19 September: Social Chorus event, LA, California
- 20 September: Deadline for FEIEA Awards
- 25-26 September: PRCA Conference
- 27 September: CIPR Fellows lunch, House of Lords
- 27 September: IoIC Annual Awards, London
- 1 October: Social Chorus breakfast event
- 3 October: Comms Lab from Bananatag, London
- 2-4 October: Employee Communications, PR and Social Media Summit, Microsoft, Redmond, Washington
- 4 October: Intranet Now. Find out more via their website or @IntranetNow on Twitter.
- 8 October: CIPR Inside conference, Birmingham
- 9 October: ICCO conference, Portugal
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day
- 27-29 October: IABC Canada West conference
- 31 October: Deadline for CIPR Inside awards
- 1-29 November: AMEC Measurement month
- 5-6 November: Future of Communications conference, Chicago
- 9-11 November: Youpreneur Summit, London
- 13 November: CIPR National Conference
- 18 November: SMILE London from Simply-Communicate
- 19-20 November: PRWeek Measurement conference
- 25-27 November: Strategic Internal Communication conference, Toronto, Ontario.
- 27-28 February: ICCCMA 2020 International Conference on Corporate Communications Management and Applications, Sydney, Australia
- 14-17 June 2020: IABC World Conference, Chicago
- Date TBC: The Big Yak from The IC Crowd.
What’s missing? Do let me know below.
Thank you for stopping by
Post author: Rachel Miller.
First published on the All Things IC blog 28 August 2019.