Thank you for all the positive feedback following last week’s inaugural What’s on this week.
I’m delighted to hear you’ve found it useful. Readers told me it would be helpful to look up to 10 days in advance, so you can plan your diaries. So here’s a look at what’s going on in the world of comms over the next week and a half.
Awards, courses and events
On 5 May the CorpComms Awards will be open for entries and the early bird deadline is 17 July.
Friday 8 May is the closing date for the Institute of Internal Communication awards.
Entries are being sought for:
Corporate Engagement Awards – deadline 14 May
Digital Impact Awards – deadline 8 June
CIPR Pride Awards – deadline 10 June
Melcrum awards – deadline 12 June
CorpComms awards – deadline 17 July.
See my recent How to enter comms awards article and infographic for top tips to help you complete entry forms.
- 5 May: The (operating) theatre of communicators, IoIC, Edinburgh
- 6 May: Advanced social media course, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, CIPR.
- 12-13, 19-20 May: Institute of Internal Communication, Accelerate course.
- 12 May: CIPR webinar: How to deliver engaging, diverse and inclusive comms
- 13 May: Mastering the art of copywriting, (+3 June as is two-day course) CIPR
- 13 May: Six degrees event, PRCA, Reading
#commschat takes place on Twitter every Monday evening at 8pm (London time). Comms pros globally unite to discuss the latest topics. Join in using the hashtag and see the commschat website for full info.
Recent articles from All Things IC
Articles from the past seven days you may have missed, and updated pages:
- It’s a girl… how brands are welcoming the new Princess
- The only way is ethics – how to communicate integrity
- Seven reasons to enter comms awards
- How To – your complete guide to working in internal comms
Don’t forget you can sign up to receive notifications of new blog posts – just pop your email address in the box on this page.
The latest comms jobs
The All Things IC jobs page is the place to search the latest comms jobs. From comms internships to Director level, there’s a wide range of roles to choose from – about 70 at latest count.
If you are looking to recruit, you can advertise from as little as £30 per vacancy per week if you are a not-for-profit or the standard rate is just £50 per week. See the How to place your job ad page for full info.
Vacancies closing this week include roles at London Ambulance Service, Specsavers, Goldsmiths Uni, Lafarge Tarmac, The Prince’s Trust, NHS England, Croydon Council, Wirral Council, BBC and many more.
As ever, you’re welcome to Tweet me @AllthingsIC or comment below if you have any feedback,
First published on the All Things IC website Sunday 3 May 2015.