What’s happening in the world of comms between 8 and 18 November 2015? You’re in the right place to find out.
I publish this article every Sunday, if you’d like to look further ahead, see my comms calendar. Expecting to see an event on the list that isn’t below? If you’ve spotted something missing, do let me know so it can be added.
Thank you to the comms pros who have got in touch to say they are going. You can follow the conversations via Twitter @LGcomms or #CommsAcad. If you have a question for the panel I’m hosting on Tuesday morning, do please Tweet me @AllthingsIC.
The IC Crowd Christmas drinks
Alongside my fellow @theICcrowd co-founders Dana Leeson and Jenni Field, we released tickets to The IC Crowd’s Christmas drinks on 2 December 2015 in London.
The 75 tickets were snapped up in a matter of days. If you missed out and would like to attend, do add your name to the waiting list. Thank you to Alive With Ideas! for sponsoring the event, which means internal communicators can attend for free.
I was unable to attend last year as I was heavily pregnant with my twins (who were born on Christmas Day), so am looking forward to catching up with lots of comms pros in person and toasting the end of the year.
What’s on this week:
- 8-10 November: PRSA International Conference, Atlanta
- 9 November: SMiLE London, Simply-Communicate, London
- 9 – 10 November: The visual communications and infographics summit, Ragan, New York
- 9 – 11 November: The role of communication in creating best places to work, Ragan, Chicago
- 10 November: Internal Social Media training, PR Academy
- 10 – 12 November: Public Sector Communications Academy, Coventry – Rachel speaking 10 November
- 10 November: Maximising the value of communication channels course, IoIC, – course by Alison Attwood
- 10 November: Right Conversation event, Comma Partners, London
- 10 November: Big data – a force for disrupting traditional business models, Engage for Change breakfast
- 11 November: Social Media Live 2015 #SMLondon
- 12 November: Meaning Conference 2015, Brighton
- 16 November: Advanced writing and editing for the corporate communicator, Florida, Ragan
- 17 November: Social media to improve collaboration & communication, IoIC, London – course by Rachel Miller
- 18 November: CIPR East Anglia Conference, Cambridge
- 12 and 19 November: Effective change communication, Melcrum, London.
Save money on upcoming conferences
Strategic Internal Communications
All Things IC is proud to support PR Week’s Strategic Internal Communication conference. It’s taking place on 24 November at 30 Euston Square, London.
Readers of the All Things IC blog can save £100 off the ticket price using this code: ATIC2186.
Enter comms awards
The CIPR Inside #insidestory awards are calling for entries. A brand new category to recognise Future Leaders has just been announced.
Further reading about awards:
Find a new job
Are you looking for a new role? There are lots of resources on the All Things IC blog to help you. You can also advertise your vacancies from as little as £30 +VAT per week if you are a nonprofit organisation.
Here are some resources to help you achieve communication excellence:
- See the All Things IC jobs page to view the latest advertisements.
- How to get a job in PR and comms
- Free stuff – complete round-up of resources.
I hope you have a good week.
P.s. Found this article useful? Why not share it on.
Post author: Rachel Miller
First published on the All Things IC blog 8 November 2015.